AvidAir’s NEW Carbon Fiber Composite
Compressor Case Lining Technology
FAA Approved, Patented, Field Tested, yields extended service life, performance and cycle life
Our clients have been challenged by the fragile Compressor Case plastic lining since the late 1960’s. Direct operating costs have been higher due to the frequency of Compressor Case removals as a result of cracking, lifting and departure of this inferior plastic lining formula. Based on our many years of experience (Since 1994) overhauling the RR Allison 250 Compressor Case, we have realized the need for engine owners and operators to enjoy longer TBOs. Simply put, our customers have been requesting a product improvement for years. AvidAir has been listening.
In order to substantiate a valid alternative to the OEM outdated plastic case lining, AvidAir set out to design a lining that would utilize modern day Carbon Fiber Composite Technology. Carbon fibers are classified by the tensile modulus of the fiber. Tensile modulus is a measure of how much pulling force a certain diameter fiber can exert without breaking. With this technology in mind, as a Compressor Case endures thousands of thermal cycles, our challenge was to reinforce this resin matrix to withstand these (pulling force) cycles, thus increasing the life of the lining.
In the spring of 2010, our team launched a long awaited Carbon Fiber Composite Compressor Case Lining test program. After months of design, formulation and production tests, AvidAir employed a well respected OEM engineer that had extensive compressor case plastic lining experience to review our data, write our test program and
prepare for FAA Certification. Sophisticated thermal cycle testing (1750 cycles) and accelerated thermal cycle testing along with on aircraft field testing were prescribed and executed. The solution became clear.
The results are a next generation, AvidAir proprietary, high performance carbon fiber reinforced composite lining that proves to be revolutionary. The Customer spoke and AvidAir listened. AvidAir has now received full FAA Certification and has Patent(s) Pending on this new Carbon Fiber Compressor Case Lining. There are currently several units successfully operational in the field. Our goal was to provide a superior fatigue resistant composite lining that performs out to the 1750 hour inspection interval with reduced crack propagation. Our customers may now enjoy higher performance and longer TBOs than ever before.
Why AvidAir International?
- Extensive Experience and Superior Technical Capabilities – AvidAir has been overhauling Compressor Cases since 1994 and has now responded to the industry’s request for product improvement.
- AvidAir has a full compliment of original Allison Rolls-Royce Compressor Case overhaul templates and tooling for vane setting and alignment procedures assuring the
- strictest adherence with the Rolls-Royce 10W3 Overhaul Manual and other FAA accepted process specification data.
- Outstanding Reputation for Consistent Product Quality and On-Time Delivery
- AvidAir provides a warranty that performs out to 1200 hours, allowing for the 4 prescribed 300 hour inspection intervals. (See warranty policy for details)
- Available Production Capacity to effectively handle medium to large volumes as growth needs dictate.